Challenge yourself to get crafty every day this February!
Knit, sew, or crochet every day this February.
Whether you are a skilled knitter and want to commit to making a jumper, or looking to pick up sewing from scratch, this challenge is perfect for you – all that’s required is one hour of your time every day!
Plus, getting sponsored for this challenge means the benefits will extend far beyond just you – every pound you raise will make a difference to the lives of our patients.
How to take part:
- Register using the form below
- Join our Facebook group
- Set up your JustGiving page
- Get involved! Our Facebook group is there to motivate and support you during your challenge. Ask the rest of the community questions, share your successes with them and join in.
- Have fun!
When you have completed the challenge, you can either:
- Donate your item to the hospice – hats, gloves and scarfs, cushion covers, blankets and cuddly toys are in demand.
- Send to our shops, to raise additional funds for our work.
We have suggested patterns you can follow and when you join our Facebook group you can win a variety of crafty prizes. Join North London Hospice’s crafting community – they’re a tight knit bunch! Share your creations using the hashtag #BigFunCraft.
Not quite convinced just yet? Here are three good reasons to join us:
- Do good for your community– Get sponsored to get crafty every day and you’ll help us provide essential end-of-life care to people throughout Barnet, Enfield, and Haringey.
- Do good for you– Kickstart February with the ultimate mindful activity! Once you get “in the zone”, you’ll feel your mental wellbeing improving.
- Challenge yourself – Commit to disconnecting from the outside world, slowing down and focusing. Setting aside a couple of hours a day to focus on your knitting, sewing or crochet might be a challenge for your busy lives, but it’ll be worth it!
Not on Facebook but eager to take part? Please contact Rachel Bloom on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team on 020 8446 2288
Thank you to our wonderful event sponsors!
Our wonderful friends Pearsons of Enfield are offering all Big Fun Crafters 20% off any yarn and yarn accessories (needles, stitch holders etc) – all you need to do is show your welcome email to the store to redeem the discount!*
*Offer applies from 1st – 28th February 2023
Our brand–new Facebook challenge is about bring together members of our community who love knitting, sewing and crochet or want to learn a new creative skill. We are asking you to commit to getting crafty for 28 days, throughout February and raise money for North London Hospice whilst doing it.
Yes – this challenge is open to everyone! Once you’ve joined the Facebook group, we will offer suggested a beginner level knitting pattern to follow – but of course you can follow your own patterns and pace.
You have the whole month of February.
It is free to take part.
The money you raise will enable us to provide essential end-of-life care to people throughout Barnet, Enfield and Haringey. North London Hospice is a registered charity and all our services are provided completely free of charge. However, hospice care is expensive to provide and it costs over £14 million a year to keep our services going. Only 40% of our funding comes from the NHS and we rely on donations and support from generous people in the community to provide the cost of caring for three out of every four patients. Without this support we simply wouldn’t be able to provide our services each year.
Absolutely! Cash donations should be paid into your own account, then you can make the equivalent donation to your online fundraising page. Alternatively, you can send us a cheque or make a bank transfer.
We recommend using Facebook as it means all your challenge information is in one place.
If you don’t have Facebook, then we recommend using JustGiving for online fundraising. Alternatively, you can collect donations and pay them in person by visiting our office.
You are welcome to make whatever you like – the challenge is flexible! If you make any of the following items, you can donate them to the hospice at the end of February – hats, gloves and scarfs, cushion covers, blankets and cuddly toys are in demand. Alternatively, you can send to any of our 17 shops, to raise additional funds for our work. We will be sharing suggested patterns, including a crocheted and knitted cuddly toy you can follow in advance of February on the Facebook group. Happy Crafting!