Our 1-2-5 Challenge is back for 2021! We are reintroducing this exciting challenge to celebrate the amazing work of our nurses.
- Pledge to raise a minimum of £125 to fund a North London Hospice nurse for a whole day.
- Take part in one or more of our suggested challenges at home, or using your daily hour of exercise outside.
- Dedicated one-to-one fundraising support from our Fundraising Team
Choose one or more of our exciting challenge options, or pick your own special challenge:
- Run a race: Run or cycle a half marathon distance over the course of the month (13.1 miles). Completing it as a group? Tag team it and allocate yourselves distances each to cover the whole half-marathon! You can use the free app, Strava, to record this activity!
- Hike a mountain: Complete a virtual climb up a mountain! You could aim to climb Mount Snowdon in 7,120 steps (475 flights) or go up Mount Blanc with 30,420 steps (2,028 flights). If you are up for a huge household challenge, take on 58,070 steps (3,871 flights) – which is equivalent to hiking up Mount Everest!
- Host a sponsored video-game-athon. It could be a FIFA tournament, a Mario Kart Grand Prix season, or a Fortnite Battle Royale. Stream your tournament over Twitch and ask for donations as an event entry-fee.
- Host your own hospice bake-off – A baking competition all about presentation rather than taste. Invite everyone you know to take part by giving a small donation and then judge photographs of their entries, safe in the knowledge you are social distancing. You could even use the polling feature on Instagram to judge the best ones!
- Host your own virtual tea or coffee morning – Hold a morning get together over Zoom or Skype and catch up with friends and family. Ask everyone joining you to give a suggested donation.
Taking part in this challenge couldn’t be easier and you don’t have to be a super fit runner or a master baker. Don’t forget, within a time of your choosing, to raise at least £125 for North London Hospice. The only requirement for the challenge/s is that you must follow the Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing to ensure the safety of others and yourselves.
Just follow our three simple steps to get started:
- As an individual or household, choose one or more of our challenge options above, or pick your own.
- Set up your JustGiving page in aid of North London Hospice. Share your page with friends, family or work colleagues to raise sponsorship. Click on the orange ‘Start Fundraising’ button on our campaign page, or click here to see how you can set a page up.
- Make sure you share your challenge using #125Challenge and tag us using your social media platforms! Encourage everyone you know to take part too. We challenge you to nominate five other households to take part too!
Get Sponsored or Donate now
Once your JustGiving page is set up, please give us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can get in touch at any time to ask questions and receive expert fundraising advice and tips.
If setting up a JustGiving page and taking on the challenge isn’t for you, you are welcome to simply donate £10 or more to sponsor a nurse for an hour’s nursing on our inpatient unit and help celebrate their work. Click here to make a donation now.
Thank you so much for your support and we hope you enjoy our 1-2-5 Challenge! We look forward to seeing all the photos and your stories too!