Are you looking for some motivation to get walking again? Then maybe our ‘Walk the Distance’ challenge can help you with this. Walk the Distance is all about helping you and your family to keep active in a convenient and enjoyable way, whilst respecting social distancing advice.
How does it work?
- Register for free by filling in the form at the bottom of the page. Or you can email the Fundraising Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, where the team can help you achieve your goal.
- When emailing, let us know what distance you would like to take on, how much you aim to raise and if you are doing it in a team or on your own. You could ask friends and family to take on their own part of the distance in their own time and space, or make it a competition between work colleagues!
- Create a JustGiving page and use all its great features to make the fundraising page your own.
- Complete your selected distance within your own time frame (whether a week or a month), it could be indoors, in the garden or in the park – perhaps even in the countryside if you are lucky enough to live close by!
- Track your miles on Strava, which will automatically link to your JustGiving page once set up.
- You can set your own target. However, if you raise a minimum of £125, you’ll receive a North London Hospice medal! £125 would be enough to sponsor our nurses for one full day.
What kind of distance can I take on?
The distance you select is up to you. Your walking distance could be inspired by a trek abroad that you have always wanted to go on, or scaling a mountain. Perhaps you could cover the distance of The Three Peaks in a Week? Or walking to France and back?
For inspiration, we have compiled a list of the treks and their distances our supporters have taken on or will be doing this year:
- Hadrian’s Wall – 40 kilometres
- The Three Peaks Challenge (Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell Pike) – 37 kilometres
- The Great Wall of China Trek Distance – 35 kilometres (or for long team challenge, the main wall distance of 3,460 kilometres).
- Inca Trail, Peru – 55 kilometres
- Dalai Lama Trek, India – approx 50 kilometres
Thank you for choosing to support North London Hospice.