Working for North London Hospice
Working for the hospice
At North London Hospice we are always striving to improve the quality of life of our patients with a potentially life-limiting illness. We put people first, putting them at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to providing the best care and support for our patients and their families.
Why work for NLH?
North London Hospice is a great place to work because you are making a real difference to the lives of people affected by a potentially life limiting illness.
A day in the life of a nurse
Our workforce includes full-time and part-time employees and a large number of volunteers who work within the following departments:
Medical – Doctors/Consultants, Registered Nurses (In-patient Unit, Community, Health & Wellbeing) Health Care Assistants
Our multi professional teams in IPU, Community and Health & Wellbeing also include Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Family Support Workers, Chaplaincy, Counsellors, Therapists (Art, Occupational and Complementary), Administration Assistants and Ward Clerks
Retail – Shop Managers, Retail staff
Fundraising & Communications – Community Fundraising, Event Coordination, Marketing
Operational support departments – Front of House, Finance, HR, Quality and Governance, Education, Facilities, Volunteer Engagement & Community Development
A Great Place to Work
As well as a rewarding salary, we offer an attractive package of benefits, designed to support the health and wellbeing of everyone who works here.
Reward & Recognition (Employee Benefits)
- Competitive rates of pay
- Contributory STC Pension scheme
- Continuation of the NHS pension scheme for existing scheme members taking on HCA and Registered Nurse roles
- Life Assurance scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Annual “Thank You” events
- Staff Information & Consultation Forum
- Long service recognition awards
In addition, we offer a ‘Golden Hello’ for hard to recruit roles.
Training & Development
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Fantastic in-house Leadership and Management Development Training Programme
- Excellent ‘Grow our Own’ career pathways
- Access to professional mentors and coaches for nursing staff
Health & Wellbeing
- Family friendly policies
- Generous annual leave and special leave policies
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Onsite Staff Canteen at some of sites
- Health and Wellbeing In-House Programmes to support Body, Mind and Spirit including exercise groups, complementary therapy and healthy eating options
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff survey and Staff forum
- Sabbaticals for qualifying staff wishing to have a period of leave to balance their career with other commitments and interests
- Staff annual social events
North London Hospice Mental Health Pledge
“Starting a conversation about mental health doesn’t have to be difficult.”
At North London Hospice we recognise that:
- Everyone has to care for their mental health – whether you’re the CEO, a nurse, a manager or work in administration. Mental ill health doesn’t discriminate, so we will stand up, tackle the stigma, and prioritise mental health in the workplace
- We need to build a diverse and inclusive workplace through our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion group to lead to a happier and healthier working environment where peoplefeel free to bring their whole selves to
Our commitment as an organisation:
- We will promote wellbeing & support work-life balance.
- We will treat mental and physical health equally in the workplace.
- We will tackle the causes of workplace stress.
- We will support staff with mental health problems.
How everyone can help:
- Look after your own wellbeing
- Use positive coping strategies
- Identify personal stress triggers
- Engage with line managers
- Take notice and support colleagues
North London Hospice Mental Health Supporters
We have trained a number of staff to support their peers by listening non- judgementally, supporting & signposting. You can approach one of them in person or directly via phone or email, in confidence.
North London Hospice is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity, and, we acknowledge that we currently have an underrepresentation from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people. North London Hospice job opportunities are open to all and we welcome welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.