Working for North London Hospice
Working for the hospice
North London Hospice employs a diverse workforce who are always striving to improve the quality of life of our patients with a potentially life-limiting illness. Putting people first at the heart of everything we do is what we do best. We are committed to providing the best care and support for our patients and their families.
Why work for NLH?
North London Hospice is a great place to work because you are making a real difference to the lives of people affected by a potentially life limiting illness.
A day in the life of a nurse
Our diverse workforce includes full-time and part-time employees and a large number of volunteers who work within the following departments:
Medical – Doctors/Consultants, Registered Nurses (In-patient Unit, Community, Health & Wellbeing) Health Care Assistants
Our multi professional teams in IPU, Community and Health & Wellbeing also include Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Family Support Workers, Chaplaincy, Counsellors, Therapists (Art, Occupational and Complementary), Administration Assistants and Ward Clerks
Retail – Shop Managers, Retail staff
Fundraising & Communications – Community Fundraising, Event Coordination, Marketing
Operational support departments – Front of House, Finance, HR, Quality and Governance, Education, Facilities, Volunteer Engagement & Community Development
A Great Place to Work
As well as a rewarding salary, we offer an attractive package of benefits, designed to support the health and wellbeing of everyone who works here.
Reward & Recognition (Employee Benefits)
- Competitive rates of pay
- Contributory STC Pension scheme
- Continuation of the NHS pension scheme for existing scheme members taking on HCA and Registered Nurse roles
- Life Assurance scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Annual “Thank You” events
- Staff Information & Consultation Forum
- Long service recognition awards
In addition, we offer a ‘Golden Hello’ for hard to recruit roles.
Training & Development
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Fantastic in-house Leadership and Management Development Training Programme
- Excellent ‘Grow our Own’ career pathways
- Access to professional mentors and coaches for nursing staff
Health & Well-being
- Family friendly policies
- Generous annual leave and special leave policies
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Onsite Staff Canteen at some of sites
- Health and Well-being In-House Programmes to support Body, Mind and Spirit including exercise groups, complementary therapy and healthy eating options
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff survey and Staff forum
- Sabbaticals for qualifying staff wishing to have a period of leave to balance their career with other commitments and interests
- Staff annual social events