“It gives you an amazing feeling of being able to help someone in your neighbourhood.”
“I learn something new every time we meet.”
“If you are able to give your time to become a Compassionate Neighbour, you will get just as much out of it as the person you are supporting”
Our Compassionate Neighbours project helps support people living with chronic or life-limiting illness stay connected to their community to prevent loneliness and isolation. Compassionate Neighbours can really make a difference. They are trained to offer their time, companionship and support to people living in their community. This support is provided free of charge.
Compassionate Neighbours can support you or someone you know with:
- Weekly visits for a chat, offering companionship and a listening ear
- Help with household activities
- Staying connected to your friends and the community
What you can gain from volunteering in this role:
- Make a difference to people in the community who may be isolated due to long term/terminal health conditions
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Connect with and help others to connect with their local community
- Learn new skills and have opportunities for further development
- Be part of a wider network of Compassionate Neighbours
- Join a growing social movement in your local community, empowering people at end of life.
Note: You must be 18 years old or over to do this role.
Please register your interest and find out more about Compassionate Neighbours by filling in this short application form with your availabilities and location, we will be in touch when we have dates in your area.
Venues: North London Hospice in North Finchley, North London Hospice in Winchmore Hill and Living Under One Sun Community Hub and Café.
Contact the Compassionate Neighbours Team at email@example.com or call 020 8343 6806 for more information.