“It gives you an amazing feeling of being able to help someone in your neighbourhood.”
“I learn something new every time we meet.”
“If you are able to give your time to become a Compassionate Neighbour, you will get just as much out of it as the person you are supporting”
Our Compassionate Neighbours project helps support people living with chronic or life-limiting illness stay connected to their community to prevent loneliness and isolation. Compassionate Neighbours can really make a difference. They are trained to offer their time, companionship and support to people living in their community. This support is provided free of charge.
Compassionate Neighbours can support you or someone you know with:
- Weekly telephone calls, offering companionship and a listening ear
- Staying connected to your friends and the community
To find out how to get help and support from Compassionate Neighbours, read our Compassionate Neighbours leaflet .
What you can gain from volunteering in this role:
- Make a difference to people in the community who may be isolated due to long term/terminal health conditions
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Connect with and help others to connect with their local community
- Learn new skills and have opportunities for further development
- Be part of a wider network of Compassionate Neighbours
- Join a growing social movement in your local community, empowering people at end of life.
Note: You must be 18 years old or over to do this role.
Join our free training course on: 8, 9, 15 & 16 September | 24, 25, 29 & 30 November. Everyone (18+) is welcome, no experience needed.
All courses are 11:00 – 13:00 and will be via Zoom apart from the final session which we would like to be face to face – we will confirm this nearer the time. Register your interest by emailing email@example.com or call 020 8343 6805.
You can register your interest and find out more about Compassionate Neighbours by filling in this short application form with your availabilities and location, we will be in touch when we have dates in your area. (Sessions are currently delivered via Zoom video calls due to Covid restrictions.)
Contact the Compassionate Neighbours Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8343 6806 for more information.
Watch here our short videos about the benefits of being a compassionate neighbour and how compassionate neighbours support our local community: